Our Story

How it all started...

Metro Church of Christ began in the fall of 1979 when a group of members of the East County Church of Christ wanted to have an evangelistic thrust to their ministry. This group began meeting in homes and in 1980, they began meeting in the Gresham High School Auditorium on Main Street.

A minister was hired in the spring of 1980 and he began his work in July with 44 members in attendance. In 1982, the congregation purchased a partially finished building at 2330 NW Division St. In October of 1982 the building was completed and occupied with approximately 150 members.

In 1988 the church moved to its present location at 1525 NW Division St. The church currently has 3 ministers, 10 elders, 17 deacons and over 400 Metro family members.

Expanding the vision...

It is our vision to be a family of believers who follow Jesus; who are changed into disciples that take on His likeness; and are committed to the mission of Jesus, which is to love the world as He has loved it. It is truly our vision to become the "church with the heart of Jesus".

Where we are headed...

We are headed "into the world" to bring the world "into the Kingdom of God". Our direction is manifested through various means of outreach: feeding the hungry; uplifting the downhearted; supporting the disenfranchised; supporting others in time of disaster; teaching the Gospel (Good News) of Jesus through missions locally and throughout the world. We are headed in the direction of the greatest cause on earth - to "go and make disciples of all nations" (Matthew 28:19-20).

Be a part of our story...

Join us on Sundays as we meet to worship together a 10:15 a.m.